Initial resarch Secondary Research

I will be doing initial research on short film, short film documentary. I will be looking into the same category of the college life.
  •  Also I will be looking at YouTube videos of college life.
  • I will be making my own short film about college life.


 I looked at some videos of college life , below is a  screen shot.







This is the outside of the computers room . The model introduces the computer room and says  'come and I will show you the computer room. '




The  camera person films the computer room, the presenter is in  the shot and two other males are sat at their computers .
This is a screen shot of The college life Documentary part 1 and the guy who is making the documentary and he goes into the computer room and he does a tutor on the Mac Computer and also he shows the people who works on the computer.

I will use the computer screen on my short film because a computer reflect modern technology makes the campus appear as a  successful college. People sitting facing their computers and looking busy allows future pupils imagine them selves as successful people if up-to-date technology. For example using the computer for their work- creating a video and creating a film.

 The guy is now filming students as they talk to each other. Students are chilling and they are just talking about stuff amongst themselves

In the film that iI will create, I would like to film students talking to themselves and smiling. Reflecting they are enjoying college, that coming to college their will also be time to have a social life and an enjoyable life.  Before I shoot the film I will need permission of students to film them.

Before Adams college was New College Nottingham.






This is how  the Mac computer looks, when the camera guy goes in and then he records the whole room of the Mac Computers.



The film is too long and it is not even a short film, I am going to make my college life as a short film and no more than 4 minutes...


In the 19th century the Adams building used to be a lace factory.  As it is a listed  the building we need to be careful while working at this location as the purple coloured walls and red painted area can't be touched.


I have looked at the shortfilmof the week   I  have watch High Hoops and  it  is about a  girl that wants the girls team to win a basket ball game.


The film was  a drama

The film was made by Tanner Jarman



Here is a screen shot of the Film that I have watched.



I have seen the High Hoops and in that film it's about a high school girl that's only wants to play basket ball with the team and who wants to play in the game, In the film the girl is moving and the video camera is moving along with the girl and that's that affect that I want in my film. 



The name of the moving camera is called a panning shot is where the video camera moves along side with the person.
I have seen a film and the film is about a boy who is a student and  its nothing about school the boy is just a little boy.
The film was just made as a student because Spike Lee as not a students and he just made it.

This film was made by Spike Lee, when he was still at a college film maker, the name of the film is Student Film.







 I have included this into my initial research, even through the subject  is not connected to my film that I am making.  I am influence by the high quality of this student made film and I would like mine to be the same quality.






I have seen this video and this video is about Docville and Louis Theroux was interviewed by Jan Layers, and Louis Theroux was taking about a film festival .  


Comments

  1. looking at others work; is secondary research, not primary. Still, some very good videos that you have researched.
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment